In recent years, An Thoi archipelago in Phu Quoc has attracted many tourists to visit and explore. Because of this, An Thoi archipelago has become one of the most popular tourist destinations. So what do you need to prepare when coming to An Thoi Phu Quoc and how do you rest, eat, and work? Let's find out with Dong Travel now!
Khám phá quần đảo An Thới Phú Quốc cùng Đông Travel
1. Discover An Thoi Islands Phu Quoc with Dong Travel
An Thoi archipelago Phu Quoc is located in the south of Phu Quoc island, in the territory of Thom Island commune, Kien Giang province. An Thoi Phu Quoc consists of 15 large and small islands, but residents live mainly on 5 islands. Therefore, most of the islands in An Thoi Phu Quoc still retain the wild beauty but no less poetic and majestic.
The poetic scenery of An Thoi archipelago, Phu Quoc
An Thoi Phu Quoc is considered an archipelago with great tourism potential, known by many Vietnamese and foreign tourists.
Map of An Thoi archipelago Phu Quoc
2. What islands does An Thoi Phu Quoc own?
An Thoi archipelago Phu Quoc includes 15 large and small islands, specifically:
|No.||Name of the island||No.||Name of the island||Name of the island|
|1||Thom Island||6||May Rut Trong Island (Vong Island)||11||NailIsland|
|2||Roi Island||7||May Rut Ngoai Island||12||Dam Trong Island|
|3||Roi Island||8||Gam Ghi Island (Dam Ngang Island)||13||Kim Quy Island|
|4||Dua Island||9||Anh Dong Island||14||Vang Island|
|5||Kho Island||10||Anh Tây Island (Xuong Island)||15||Trang Island|
Thom Island, Gam Ghi Island, Nails Island, ... are considered as one of the beautiful islands because of their wild and magnificent features; attract the most tourists to visit.
3. The best time to An Thoi Phu Quoc
Characterized by a tropical climate, An Thoi archipelago has two distinct seasons: the dry season and the rainy season. The dry season lasts from November to April next year. The rainy season is from May to October.
If you want to come to An Thoi Phu Quoc to travel and explore, the most suitable time is in the dry season. By this time, the weather will be dry, the temperature will be around 26-28oC, airy, suitable for sightseeing, fishing, diving, swimming, etc.
You should avoid going to Phu Quoc or An Thoi archipelago in the rainy season. Because this season often has big waves and rough seas; may not guarantee your safety during travel.
Should go to An Thoi Phu Quoc in the dry season (@jmspielman)
4. Going to An Thoi Phu Quoc, what to prepare?
When traveling to An Thoi Phu Quoc, you need to prepare some necessary personal items. May be mentioned as:
- Clothing: prepare 1-2 comfortable clothes to freely explore the islands in An Thoi. In addition, you should also prepare 1-2 bathing suits to freely experience swimming activities in this archipelago.
- Skin care cosmetics: you should equip moisturizer, sunscreen, ... to protect your skin under the harsh sun in Phu Quoc.
- Medicines: should bring headache medicine, motion sickness medicine, stomach pain medicine, ... in case you are not familiar with food and drink in Phuc Quoc or get sick by cable car, train, ... while moving.
- Bring a dedicated bag: if you carry a phone, camera or camcorder, you should use a dedicated bag to put it in to avoid unwanted bumps.
- Bring some snacks: you can bring water, cakes or milk, in case you get hungry and can't find a suitable place to eat.
Need to prepare necessary items when traveling to An Thoi Phu Quoc (@mizakkda)
5. Means of transportation to An Thoi Phu Quoc
5.1. By cable car
Moving to An Thoi archipelago by cable car
Moving to An Thoi Phu Quoc archipelago by cable car, you will start from An Thoi station. You will be able to choose 1 of 3 stops: Hon Thom, Hon Roi or Hon Dua.
If traveling by cable car, you will save a lot of time. Because it only takes about 15-20 minutes, you can safely reach the An Thoi archipelago.
- Round trip cable car price: 250,000 VND/ticket for children; 300,000 VND/ticket for adults; Children under 1m tall will be free of charge.
- Cable car operating time: 7h30 - 17h30 daily.
If you follow the Phu Quoc tour and have a schedule to Hon Thom, the tour already covers the cost of the cable car for you.
5.2. By ship, boat
To An Thoi Phu Quoc by boat, boat
If you are afraid of heights or want to save money, you can choose to travel by boat or boat. You go to An Thoi port to buy tickets with 50,000 VND / time / person. Then get on the train and it will take about 30 minutes to arrive.
Train price to An Thoi: 50,000 VND/way/person
Going by train or boat, you should look up and memorize the running schedule to avoid missing the trip.
Where to stay when traveling to An Thoi Phu Quoc?
Most of the islands in the An Thoi archipelago have not yet developed strong overnight accommodation services for tourists. Therefore, you will have difficulty when you want to find An Thoi hotel, Phu Quoc to rest on the island. Therefore, you should choose hotels, resorts, ... right in the center so that you can both visit the An Thoi archipelago, but also explore the tourist attractions in Phu Quoc.
Some hotels near An Thoi include:
- Phung Hung Boutique Hotel in An Thoi port costs from 550,000 VND/night
- Lien Thong hotel priced from 500,000 VND/night is also located in An Thoi port
Some areas that Dong Travel suggests for you when you want to find a luxury resort in Phu Quoc are as follows:
- Phu Quoc Night Market: If you want to choose a place with affordable prices, hotels and homestays near the night market area are the right choice.
- Ong Lang - Cua Can Beach: This is also one of the cheap areas, but it is quite far from the center, so moving will take more time.
- Bai Truong: this place focuses on luxury resorts and hotels such as Intercontinental, Best Western Premiere Sonasea, ... and famous beach clubs in Phu Quoc.
- Khem Beach - Dua Island - Dam Island: this area is quite close and convenient to move to An Thoi archipelago, you can choose JW Marriot Emerlard Bay hotel to stay, this is one of the hotels with beautiful views. and amenities.
- Dai Beach: Here, you can choose Vinpearl hotel to stay with resorts with many rooms and luxury villas.
Choose a hotel near the center to be able to explore both An Thoi and Phu Quoc islands (@noophuocthinh88)
JW Marriott Phu Quoc is also a worthy choice for your vacation (@lem0n)
7. Experience activities in An Thoi Phu Quoc
7.1. Admire the many beautiful islands in the An Thoi archipelago
Beautiful view of Hon Thom (@thuyai1197)
Coming to An Thoi archipelago, you will experience vivid and new images from each island here. You can rent boats from locals or service boats to explore islands such as Hon Thom, Hon Mong Tay,...
You will see firsthand the bustling trading markets; idyllic life; bustle of people. In particular, you also learn about the culture area as well as the presentation of famous pearl products in Phu Quoc.
In addition, if you want to find peace and enjoy the wild beauty, Hon Gam Ghi, Hon Xuong, ... are great choices.
7.2. Snorkeling to see corals
Experience coral diving (@oo.jazzmin.oo)
Snorkeling to see coral is one of the activities that attract a large number of visitors in An Thoi Phu Quoc. The fine sand and clear water will help you see beautiful coral reefs, schools of fish swimming, and schools of colorful jellyfish.
To be able to scuba dive to see the coral, you just need to rent a scuba tank and experience this exciting activity.
7.3. Fishing, squid fishing on the ship
Exciting night squid fishing
Fishing, squid fishing is also an interesting experience when you travel in the An Thoi archipelago of Phu Quoc. If you like fishing, you can move to Hon Thom. If you want to fish at night, you should go to Hon Roi, you will be floating on a basket boat to fish for fresh squid.
In particular, you can also ask the boat owner to process delicious dishes from the fish and squid that you have caught on the spot.
7.4. Explore An Thoi port in Phu Quoc
An Thoi port area in Phu Quoc is crowded (@runarandtheworld)
An Thoi Phu Quoc port is considered to be the largest port, with ships carrying a tonnage of up to 3000 tons. This is a place to exchange goods, seafood, connect trade, bring high economic value to Phu Quoc island district.
In addition, An Thoi port is also a place to help transport passengers onto ships for sightseeing, scuba diving or fishing, squid fishing, ...
The most suitable time to explore An Thoi port in Phu Quoc is early in the morning, from 4-6 am. Because at this time, the ships and convoys are carrying goods and seafood to exchange and buy and sell. You will see a vivid, busiest picture in An Thoi port.
Fishermen at An Thoi Phu Quoc (@luongdavid1005)
Beautiful sunset at An Thoi port (Photo collection)
Freshly caught seafood will be gathered at the port. (@thanh_hole)
7.5. Check in at An Thoi station in Phu Quoc
An Thoi Phu Quoc Station with unique architecture
An Thoi Phu Quoc station is a place that many tourists come to visit and take pictures. This place was built with a unique architecture, simulated from the Roman arena in Greece, looking very ancient and majestic.
An Thoi Phu Quoc Station with unique architecture
There is also a cafe that serves light meals, and is also a place for you to relax and rest. And An Thoi station is also the place for you to depart to Hon Thom by cable car.
Super popular place for check-in enthusiasts in An Thoi (@vietha1091)
7.6. Sightseeing and shopping at An Thoi market in Phu Quoc
An Thoi Phu Quoc Market with lots of fresh seafood
An Thoi Phu Quoc market is located next to the seaport, so most of the food here is fresh and delicious. Every year, fishermen catch and supply a large amount of seafood to the market, meeting the needs of many businesses and retail customers.
You can manually choose and buy the freshest seafood to enjoy or buy dried as gifts for relatives and friends.
If you are hungry, you should go deep into the market and enjoy delicious noodles. With a combination of simple and available ingredients such as shrimp, squid, fish, vermicelli, chopped cilantro, it has created a rustic and attractive dish.
Enjoy attractive, delicious noodle soup at An Thoi Phu Quoc (@jinnytasty)
7.7. Learn the process of producing and trading fish sauce
Tourists visit a fish sauce factory in Phu Quoc (@popolulu.vietnam)
In Phu Quoc, there are many kinds of fresh shrimp and fish. And this is also the main ingredient to create the rich flavor of fish sauce. You can visit the fish sauce factory to learn the process of making and trading this spice in An Thoi.
Famous fish sauce brands in Phu Quoc can be mentioned such as Thinh Phat, Phung Hung, Khai Hoan,...
8. What to eat at An Thoi Phu Quoc?
Enjoy dishes from fresh seafood cooked right on the boat (@bebejacobs)
Referring to Phu Quoc is referring to a seafood "paradise" with unique dishes, with an irresistible delicious taste. From ingredients such as fish, shrimp, crab, squid, crab, ... you will get an attractive and delicious plate of food. You can easily find a delicious, nutritious and cheap An Thoi restaurant in Phu Quoc.
Delicious seafood dishes at An Thoi Phu Quoc (@trannguyenlan_daiichi)
Besides seafood, you should also try the specialties when coming to An Thoi Phu Quoc such as mackerel soup cake, vermicelli, vermicelli, etc. Not only that, but they also sell diverse and strange dishes here. for you to bring back as a gift. These can be mentioned as forest sim wine, pepper, smart cake, honey cake, ...
Kheo cake - Phu Quoc specialty bought as a gift
9. Notes when traveling to An Thoi Phu Quoc
When traveling to An Thoi Phu Quoc archipelago, you need to note the following issues:
- Ensure your own safety by always wearing a life jacket or using a specialized buoy when swimming in the sea.
- Keep a close eye on the weather for a meaningful and complete trip.
- Find out, research and schedule sightseeing, train or cable car schedules so you don't miss your trip. If you find it a bit troublesome, you can also refer to the Phu Quoc tour to not worry about these issues.
- It is recommended to book a hotel room at least 3 weeks in advance to secure accommodation and get a preferential rate.
Dong Travel has just shared with you all the interesting things in An Thoi archipelago, Phu Quoc. If you are ready for your next trip, An Thoi Phu Quoc will certainly not disappoint you. Wish you have a happy and meaningful trip!