If you want to travel to Phu Quoc to find peace and enjoy the rustic beauty of nature, where there is no human touch, Vem Canal fishing village in Phu Quoc is the ideal place for you. This place is currently the hottest name on the tourist map of Vietnam in recent days thanks to the beauty of the clear turquoise water, the smooth stretch of white sand and the special title "starfish kingdom". many visitors book for.
Vem Canal Phu Quoc is known as the "starfish kingdom" (@intohuong)
1. Geographical location of Vem Canal Phu Quoc
Vem Canal Phu Quoc is a fishing village located in the north of Phu Quoc pearl island, more than 20km from Duong Dong town. This place has more than 180 households living mainly along the coast with houses close together and practicing fishing. The people here are genuine, honest, live simply but are very enthusiastic with visitors.
Vem canal Phu Quoc is located 20km north of Duong Dong town (@whereizhanhan)
Vem canal fishing village in Phu Quoc attracts many domestic and foreign tourists because of the wild look of the floating wooden bridge, the raft house on the sea and also the "paradise" of the red starfish. Coming here in the starfish season, you will admire the colorful picture when the red starfish flocks to Vem canal beach, hidden under the clear blue water. This is really a place for those who want to escape from the hustle and bustle of city life.
The floating wooden bridge is one of the hot spots in Vem canal Phu Quoc (@_linhkoi)
2. The best time to visit Vem canal Phu Quoc
Pearl Island Phu Quoc has 2 main seasons: the rainy season and the dry season. The most ideal time to explore Vem canal fishing village is also in the dry season, which lasts from November to April next year. At this time, the weather in Vem canal fishing village is extremely cool, sunny and calm. This is also the starfish season of Phu Quoc. The perfect conditions for starfish here to appear densely on the sand.
Going toVem canal Phu Quoc to see starfish season in the dry season is the best (@baotan267)
From May to October is the rainy season, although you can still experience the blue sea, white sand, and sunshine here in the summer from May to July. But in the following months, the waves will be big and the water will be high. will be more opaque, all of which are not beautiful scenes suitable for a trip to Vem canal.
You will not be able to see the starfish, not to mention the difficulties to move to the fishing village in this season. Therefore, please check the weather forecast in advance so that you can plan your trip to discover Vem canal Phu Quoc smoothly.
You can also go to Vem canal from April to June to enjoy the blue sea and sunshine (@blue.nomad)
3. How to move to Vem canal Phu Quoc?
To move to Vem canal Phu Quoc starfish season, visitors can go by 2 means of motorbike or car. Some places to stay for tourists have motorbike rental service for 150,000-200,000 VND/day. If you are traveling with your family or traveling in a large group, you can rent a tourist car for from 700,000 VND/day.
Visitors can rent a motorbike or a taxi to get to Vem canal Phu Quoc
Here are 3 main routes from different places to stay that you can refer to from Dong Travel:
- From the center of Duong Dong town: is the most popular route for many tourists. From here, we can go straight to DT973 road to reach the Suoi Cai junction landmark.
- From Vinpearl Phu Quoc: visitors move back to Duong Dong town, when meeting the fork near Cua Can bridge, turn left.
- From Thanh Thoi ferry terminal: is the route for those who take the ferry from Ha Tien to Phu Quoc. At this point, you will turn right into Duong Dong, Thom beach and then Suoi Cai fork.
All routes above lead to Suoi Cai - Ganh Dau fork. From this junction, visitors turn left and run about 30km more to the fishing village of Vem canal Phu Quoc. If you want to go to Vem canal beach to admire the red starfish, turn right at Suoi Cai junction.
Note to drive carefully when entering the fishing village because this road is relatively difficult to go, unpaved, and red dirt road. If the weather is not favorable (heavy rain, it's like a storm), I recommend you consider rescheduling to Vem canal to ensure safety.
4. The most interesting experience in Vem canal Phu Quoc
Visit Vem canal raft village in Phu Quoc
Coming to Vem canal rafting village in Phu Quoc, you will see the scene of people's raft houses built close together. This is also one of the places where visitors can explore with friends and experience the life of a real fisherman here.
To admire the feeling of being in a floating house in the middle of the blue water and watch the fish swim below, you can go to the farthest raft house - Love raft house. It will take you about 10 minutes to go on the boardwalk to the raft and from the shore to the raft house by boat because this raft house is quite far from the shore.
Love raft house is a destination not to be missed in Vem canal Phu Quoc
However, if you are afraid to go far but still want to experience Vem canal raft house, Thu Bao raft house will be the right choice for you. This raft house is still located far from the shore, but when you cross the plank bridge, it will take you less time to get there.
Standing on the row of Vem canal raft houses, you feel like you are immersed in nature, enjoying the wonderful landscape amidst the gentle breezes and watching the clear blue sky, a feeling you can hardly find in a busy city.
You can enjoy fresh seafood with your friends at Vem canal Phu Quoc (Photo: @starfishgophuquoc)
Standing in the middle of friends' houses, you can watch the sky and watch the fishermen live here (@bluefanchan)
Admire the starfish kingdom of Vem canal with your own eyes
The sea level is not too deep along with the clarity that can see the bottom in the dry season, which are great conditions for you to have the experience of watching starfish at Vem canal Phu Quoc.
This can be considered as the most typical activity that any visitor coming here cannot miss. With the shimmering beauty of the "starfish kingdom", you can freely check-in, live virtual with countless beautiful shooting angles with starfish.
When does Vem canal have starfish? Do not forget to visit Vem canal beach in the dry season every year (November to April next year) to see a lot of starfish.
Visitors check-in with red starfish at Vem canal Phu Quoc (@justabakaholic)
Visitors are free to live virtual with "starfish kingdom" Vem canal (@mailinh93)
Dong Travel reminds you 3 things to join hands to protect the living environment for the starfish kingdom in Vem canal Phu Quoc:
1. Starfish is a species made up of thin and soft tissues, extremely sensitive to the surrounding environment. Therefore, bacteria and heat from our hands can make starfish seriously infected.
2. Starfish in Vem canal Phu Quoc are also affected. When lifted out of the water, the sudden change in environment (temperature, pressure, ...) and dehydration (water acts as blood in the starfish's body) are enough to cause the starfish to become concentric. that makes sense.
3. Vem canal starfish or any animal/plant species is an important link in the Phu Quoc environmental ecosystem. Joining Dong Travel to protect the red starfish is also contributing to the protection of the ecosystem for Vem canal sea.
The best way is to leave the red stars in their place and gently check-in next to them. You absolutely can save many beautiful photos and protect this special creature.
Swimming in Vem canal beach
Going to Phu Quoc in general or to Vem canal in particular, if you just hang around on the shore without immersing yourself in the sea water to bathe, it will be a mistake on your part. The turquoise, clear and cool sea water is surrounded by fine white sand with the silhouette of green coconut trees. It is an irresistibly beautiful scene.
Let's experience with friends and family the feeling of being able to freely struggle, swim until tired and then enjoy lying on the clear blue water at Vem canal Phu Quoc beach. This will surely make you unforgettable moments after coming to Phu Quoc Pearl Island.
Swimming at Vem canal to immerse yourself in the cool blue water (@anhphuong89)
Visitors soak in the water and sunbathe on the beach of Vem canal (@thao_nh)
Admire the beauty of Vem canal
“There is nothing more beautiful than the sunrise and sunset on the pearl island of Phu Quoc” is the feeling of many visitors when coming here.
Especially, the beauty of the two moments of that day is even more shimmering than if enjoyed in the fishing village of Vem canal Phu Quoc. Because only here, you can swing with the swings under the shade of coconut trees and immerse yourself in the red sunset in the distance.
If you and your close friends work hard to get up early, you will have the opportunity to admire the beautiful sunrise scene. In addition, you have the opportunity to observe the daily life of fishermen here.
Watching the sunset by the swing is a great experience in Vem canal (@min.vitaminsea)
The beautiful scenery at Vem canal captures the hearts of many tourists who come here (@huongchanel88)
5. Suggestions for where to stay in Vem canal Phu Quoc
To make it easier for you to come and explore at Vem canal Phu Quoc during the day, you can choose a number of hotels and resorts in Cua Can, Ganh Dau, just 8-10km from Vem canal fishing village to relax.
VinOasis Phu Quoc
- Address: Long Beach, Ganh Dau, Phu Quoc, Kien Giang
- Room price reference: from 1,300,000 VND/night
- Rating: 5.0/5 (204 reviews)
Outstanding Utilities: VinOasis is a complex of high-tech resorts, shopping, dining, events and entertainment. There is also a mini water park that is free to use, suitable for families with young children.
VinOasis Phu Quoc is one of the resorts that combine many high-tech facilities
Vinpearl Discovery Greenhill Phu Quoc
- Address: Bai Dai, Ganh Dau commune
- Room price: from 4,900,000 VND/night
- Rating: 4.7/5 (351 reviews)
Outstanding facilities: providing luxury resort villas, overlooking the sea, covering the whole land of Phu Quoc. This 5-star luxury resort also has a service to use a freshwater lake, suitable for visitors who want to explore the natural scenery alternating between the immense ocean and the rolling hills.
Staying at Vinpearl Discovery Greenhill Phu Quoc, you can enjoy the spacious landscape, covering the whole world
Pepper Farm Phu Quoc
- Address: Suoi Cai - Ganh Dau, Cua Can, Phu Quoc, Kien Giang
- Room price: 300,000 VND/night
- Rating: 4.5/5 (169 reviews)
Do you like to stay in a place full of nature? Visit Pepper Farm Phu Quoc Bungalow to experience the traditional stilt houses of the Central Highlands.
About 7 km from Vem canal fishing village, Pepper Farm has a large door facing the garden, with an open view. A special feature that many visitors are interested in when staying at Pepper Farm Bungalow is about "pepper" - planting and harvesting Phu Quoc specialty pepper.
Rest at the rustic Pepper Farm
6. Note when visiting Vem canal Phu Quoc
- Motorcycle is the vehicle Dong Travel recommends for young people who love to travel to Vem canal. You will easily stop when you want to take pictures or have interesting points to observe along the way.
- The road is not too bad, relatively clean. However, the section going to the fishing village is still a red dirt road, it will be more difficult and dangerous, especially in the rainy season.
- Vem canal fishing village in Phu Quoc operates until 9pm daily. You can leisurely enjoy the sunset view and enjoy a seafood dinner here. However, because the way back is relatively long, motorbike riders should remember to watch the return time.
- Don't miss the super delicious grilled herring and hornbill salad specialties.
- As mentioned above, please keep a sense of protecting the red starfish and the Vem canal marine ecosystem when visiting. All external influences from humans make the starfish in Vem canal Phu Quoc hurt and die.
- Remember to bring enough cash, hat, sunglasses and sunscreen, swimwear and personal items when visiting Vem canal
Vem canal fishing village in Phu Quoc is a unique and interesting entertainment destination that lovers of exploration and tourism cannot ignore this year. Among the famous entertainment places such as Sao beach, Dai beach, Thom island, ... you can go to Vem canal to enjoy the wild, rustic, unexploited beauty of tourism and then relax. I went to the sea here to see the starfish. Do not wait any longer but book a tour to Phu Quoc right away to discover this extremely hot Vem canal fishing village!